Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cover Story

Charles here.

On FridayI saw the mock-up of what I hope will be the cover of my next book.

As regular readers of this blog know, I spend my days writing ad copy for Dixon Schwabl, that hotbed of creativity that simply oozes brilliance. From my first day at the agency both Lauren (Dixon) and Mike (Schwabl) and have supported my efforts as a writer, encouraging me every way possible and making it easy for me to pursue my dreams. I’d like to say I get the special treatment because they like me more than the others but the truth is they treat everybody like they’re a superstar. (But I am your favorite, right?) For me that encouragement includes attention-grabbing Public Relations and, since it’s what this entry is about, the amazing covers for my books.

Take a second and grab copies of Relative Danger and Out of Order off your shelf. They should be easy to spot because of the frickin’ outstanding covers. Impressive, huh? Artist/National Treasure Tim Coyne is the genius behind both designs, capturing the essence of each book while weaving in all those subliminal enticements that make it physically impossible to resist buying (or stealing) a copy. As I said, today I saw the concept for the new cover. He’s done it again.

It’s hard to describe how cool it is to see the cover for your book for the first time. I don’t have kids but I think it’s got to be pretty much the same thing – nine months of waiting and then the kid pops out and looks perfect. Except it only took Tim a couple days and when he showed me the cover it wasn’t all crying and slimy. Still, I bet it’s the same thing.

Now I can’t tell you what it looks like because Tim might end up changing it (you know those artistic types) and beside, I want you to be as surprised as I was when you get your copy (copies) when it comes out in October. But trust me on this, it’s worth the wait.

Now, way off topic, congratulations Vicki on your retirement – hope you snagged some pens before you left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jiang When you will decide pandora sale to find jewelry for mom you may need to remember what your mom really needs. If my pandora jewellery uk spouse help rife with rings, then investing in a ring that she will likely for no reason put on pandora shop couldn't survive the ideal choice.Aside via getting Bracelets coming from a regular bracelets retail store, rings can also be purchased pandora 2010 from virtual stores. The beauty of buying on the internet is you get to see every thing your gives, where in a shop it can be hard to kind though their own inventory to uncover the right thing. Mothers love pandora jewelry gifts which might be memorable. Make an effort to present your mom having a surprise that is personalized, for example an cheap pandora bracelets engagement ring utilizing their name engraved in it. Gold rings make for great gifts since they immortalize your mom's name in gold. A gold necklace and a pendant pandora charm bracelets produces a very good gifts for your mom, and gifts which might be most often overlooked . Avoid getting in a hurry to get a present for ones mom. Start pandora bracelet charms searching ahead of time; waiting until the last second to find a found is often getting problems.Spending some time to learn what an individual's Mum would like pandora bangles as well as might help guarantee that your sweetheart gets the top found. If you opt for necklaces regarding Mom online will assist cut down the amount of time necessary pandora bangle to discover the proper jewelry pertaining to mama despite the fact that have waited through to the very end. Therefore when your going looking for mother's day, on the liner where to begin from.