Monday, July 23, 2007

Hawaiian Recipe: Avocado Salsa

Hi all,
I'm six hours behind in time zones and further behind than that in my Monday. Because avocados and papaya are ripening in my yard, I'm reminded of a favorite salsa recipe and I'm passing it on to all of you. You can substitute ingredients easily, too. This goes great with grilled fish or chicken. Enjoy!
1 to 2 1/4 inch thick slices peeled and grilled pineapple
1 firm but ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
1/4 cup diced tomato
2 Tbsp. finely diced red onion
1/2 cup minced scallions
1/2 seeded and minced jalapeno pepper, or as desired:-)
1/2 cup seeded, peeled, and diced papaya
Juice of one or two limes
1/4 cup chopped cilantro, or chinese parsley
Salt and ground pepper to taste.
Toss all ingredients together and chill before serving.
Aloha,
Debby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I lived in South Africa, we had home grown avocados. I have never, ever eaten anything as good since. Lucky you!