Saturday, October 13, 2007

Off to Colorado

I (Donis) certainly don't have anything as exciting to write about as speaking at a juvenile corrections facility in Alaska and then driving into a ditch, though I have been busy in my own less adrenalin-fueled way.

Last Monday, I had the local launch of my new book The Drop Edge of Yonder at Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale, AZ. Also debuting books at the event were Richard Benke from New Mexico, with his Cities of Stone, and Nancy E. Turner, she of These is my Words fame, with her new book The Star Garden. The turn out was fair, but not quite what I expected. I guess that a Monday evening and Columbus Day to boot isn't the best time to hold a book launch. In a couple of hours, I'm going to speak at a charity affair here in Tempe with fellow Poisoned Pen author Ken Kuhlken. We'll see then if people are back from their holiday outings and in the mood to hear about books.

It looks like Fall is travel time for the authors on this blog. On Tuesday, I'm off on a driving trip to Colorado to attend a Women Writing the West Conference in Colorado Springs. I've set myself up a couple of signings afterwards, one at a Barnes & Noble in Colorado Springs on the 25th, and one at the Tattered Cover on Colfax in Denver on the 26th. If anyone is in the vicinity on those days, feel free to drop by. I'd love to meet you.

Now if I could just get enough time together to finish my next book ...

No comments: