Friday, December 14, 2007

Holiday Open House

Rose and I are putting the finishing touches to our holiday party plans, a party that I hope christens the bar in a festive and felonious fashion. I know you would want to be there (and if you’re in town, drop in), but to make you feel like you’re part of the action, here’s the set list I will be playing for my gig on Jazz 90.1 Saturday night from 5 to 6pm. This week The Smart Set will be broadcasting live from The Swordfish Speakeasy and Dry Cleaners. Yes, it turns out that those same chemicals that get out the toughest stains make the tastiest cocktails. So tune in and start the holiday party with me!

All Night Party – Buster Poindexter
Swingin’ at Club Sweets – David Berger and the Sultans of Swing
Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend – Marylyn Monroe
Shake Hands with Santa Clause – Louis Prima and the Witnesses
Shakana Santa Shake It – Bo Dollis and Wild Magnolias, featuring Bonearama
For the Last Time I Cried Over You – Cab Calloway
Hot Christmas – Squirrel Nut Zippers
White Christmas – Bob Marley and the wailers
Let it Snow – Leon Redbone
Baby, it’s Cold Outside – Jessica Simpson (featuring Nick Lachey)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas – Swingerhead
Hey Santa- The Royal Crown Review
Getting’ in the Mood (for Christmas) – The Brian Setzer Orchestra

And if you’re thinking that this is a bullshit blog entry, you’re right! Hey, somebody has to test drive those drinks and the clock is ticking.

1 comment:

Vicki Delany said...

I'm on the other side of the continent, and you finally invite me to a party!