Friday, February 08, 2008

Not Forgotten not to be missed

Charles here.
A while back on this blogsite (November 30th, 2007 to be exact) I was railing on about how the mystery genre was so confining because there always had to be some clear sense that Justice Is Served. I stand by what I wrote, but I was reminded recently why it’s so important that – at least in fiction – we can experience that sensation.


Fellow author Jared Case wrote to remind me of the fantastic exhibit currently on at the George Eastman House here in Rochester. He does an excellent job explaining its significance, and at the risk of looking lazy, I’m using my allotted blog space to recommend it to you.

1 comment:

Debby said...

Powerful! It's a great tribute. How many of those murders have been solved, I wonder? A certain kind of justice, I think.