Saturday, December 13, 2008

"The Sky Took Him" Is In the Building


The official release date for The Sky Took Him, is January 1, 2009, but it has already been shipped from the publisher, and is available for purchase just in time for Christmas!  If you'd like to read a blurb and an excerpt, wander on over to my website at your leisure, find the thumbnail pic of the cover, over on the right, and  click on “About This Book” or on “Reviews” to read the the starred review Sky received in the December 8, 2008, edition of Publishers Weekly

So now I’m “on the merry-go-round” of publicity.  This economy does not lend itself to extensive book tours, not that I was able to do that much travel in the first place.  But among all the cyber-plans I have for this book, I have been working to update my web site. I have added excerpts from the beginnings of all my books, including the newest one, on the “About This Book” page. I’ve also added content on the “Truth or Fiction” page . “Truth or Fiction” is the page on which I explain what in my books is based on reality - people, places, incidents, and what is purely made up. I’ve added some new tales about The Drop Edge of Yonder. Drop Edge, which will be out shortly in trade paperback, was entirely based on a true incident.

And if you’ll look at the links at the top of the page, you’ll see an entirely new one - “Gallery”. Click on that to see photos and movies from some of my signings and trips. I’m quite excited about the Gallery. I’m adding the content myself, which should be fair warning if you’re expecting anything fancy. It’s still a work in progress, so be patient with me.

The book launch party for The Sky Took Him will be 2:00 p.m., January 17, 2009, at Poisoned Pen Bookstore in Scottsdale, AZ. I plan to bring pie. Please mark your calendars and come help me celebrate.  I’ll be launching alone for this book, instead of with another author, so I’m shamelessly soliciting attendees.  

I’ve already posted on this site a picture of the book cover, but indulge me as I post it again.  See that little girl?  I usually send the artist family photos for my covers, and I suppose I did this time, as well, since she’s certainly a member of my family.  That’s me, back at the dawn of my life, standing in for the character of Grace.  The Sky Took Him takes place in 1915, and it occurred to me not long ago that when that picture was taken, it was actually closer to 1915 that it was to 2008!  How’s that for a kick in the head?

No comments: