Friday, February 06, 2009

See the Video, Buy the Book

Charles here, using my blog day to encourage fellow blogger Vicki Delany to post the video trailer of her new book, Valley of the Lost, and to encourage you, dear reader to go see it. It's a doozie.

How do i know? I had the pleasure of working with video producer Shad Froman in creating this masterpiece of attention-grabbing, excitement-generating marketing, and let me tell you he did more with 40 seconds of footage than some directors do with 190 minutes of film. Spot-on images, clever editing, compelling music bed...it'll give you goose bumps.

BUT...as good as it is, the book is better.

So Vicki, post that video on your website today and then post a link here at Type M. And the rest of you? Watch the video and then email the link to no fewer than 15 of your closest friends/bookstore owners. And while you're emailing those bookstore owners, tell them to order you a copy (or two) of Valley of the Lost for your own self.

You can all thank me later.

3 comments:

Vicki Delany said...

I'll thank you now!

Rick Blechta said...

Damn, Vicki, you beat me to the witty comment!

Great trailer, but where's the bit with the dancing hippos??? They didn't take that out of the novel, did they? It was my favourite part!

Donis Casey said...

Impressive!