Friday, February 26, 2010

All Good Things

After 3 1/2 years of consistent (almost) weekly blogging, it's time for me to say goodbye to Type M.

I’ve had a glorious time and I’ve enjoyed every part of it, but like most things, it comes down to time. I need to focus on getting this new YA written before my July 1st deadline, preparing a study guide for YOU (publication date now moved up to August), and launching a new, martini-free (as opposed to free martini) website. All this on top of my ever-expanding job and demanding jet-set social life. The cloning didn’t work out they way I had hoped and the results were mixed at best for the amphetamine experiment, so until I can find a workable solution, I must step aside.

It’s been a great ride, and an easy one since I did it on the coattails of authors who are much better writers. And it's been a lot of fun. I'm sure I'll miss the chance to post my inane thoughts for the world to see, but I know this is the right thing for me to do, and now is the right time to do it. I'll still be reading the blog every day (who doesn’t?) and I'm sure I'll be unable to resist the urge to comment now and then, so even though I'll be gone, I'll still be within shouting distance. And you can bet I’ll finagle my way back as a Sunday Guest Blogger.

If you’re feeling blue about my departure, this ought to cheer you up – starting next Friday, writer extraordinaire Peter May joins the usual suspects at Type M for Murder. A man of many trades and master of them all, Peter is the man behind the popular Enzo Files cold-case series. Trust me, you’re in good hands.

To Vicki, Rick, Donis, John and Debby—thank you for making me look so good. I owe ya. And to you, dear reader, keep reading, keep writing and keep buying books from your local bookseller. I’ll see you at the bar.

Cheers,
Charles

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Charles - So glad to hear that you're still going to be found on the web - we will miss you here...but will always follow you wherever you go!

Anonymous said...

Always interesting. Always entertaining. You will be missed here, Charles. Best of luck with your new book and the many that are sure to follow!

Cheers,
Dana

Vicki Delany said...

sniff, sniff

Anonymous said...

A loss for us, but a gain for the YA world. Best of luck!

Rick Blechta said...

I'll try to write around the big lump in my throat. (Not that the previous statement makes very much sense on the surface, but you get the picture, I hope.)

You will be missed, sir. My Fridays always opened up with checking out what our Charles had written this week. As for the coattails bit, you have no reason I can see (or read) to think that you're the lesser sibling here!

We will see you at the bar, but you'd better have a Shirley Temple in your hand from now on -- or rest assured, we'll rat you out to your young readers!

Journey well, my friend. And keep in touch!

Donis Casey said...

Charles, you're a true person, kind and funny. I hope you have such great success that we can all say we knew you when and bask in reflected glory. Just don't forget us when you hit it big.

qishaya said...

Original christian shoes are first category in alter. They are so much appealing louboutin shoes so, ample of women can not pause to get their hands on them. cheap christian louboutin However, these shoes are not economical. christian louboutin So adequate of women cannot present these shoes. christian louboutin heels Christian Louboutin Replica is presenting the textbook thing for these people. christian louboutin sandals It is present masses of fashionable shoes in an economical rate. christian pumps You know that unique shoes are posh to buy. christian sandals Nevertheless do not think that exchange a shoe with christian louboutin pumps magnificent create of top trait is hard. Now a time model are presented. louboutin pumps But if you hardship attribute cargo look discount christian louboutin for these replicas in a trustworthy position & set an order for your beloved shoes christian louboutin sale