Monday, February 28, 2011

High risk takedowns - my day.

I'm heading out the door to participate in high risk takedowns! Yes, I've been lucky enough to have been invited to two days of police in service training. Today it's vehicle stops and high risk takedowns. I'm very grateful to all the police services and officers who've been so supportive of my books and my writing. I hope that's allowed me to have a certain amount of veracity in the Constable Molly Smith books. With the limitations of fiction, of course. Sometimes, you can't let the facts get in the way of a good story. But I think you should always try to make the facts fit if you can. It adds a level of realism that readers do enjoy. Last week I was invited to give a workshop in writing character to a seniors group. Turned out the seniors were no older than I. One of them raises his hand and says "I used to be a homicide detective in Toronto. I can give you some contacts." Sweet. Anyway, short post. Time to run.

No comments: