Friday, December 23, 2011

A Brief Report from Christmas Week with Harry Potter




John here, with more photos than words this week. We’re at Harry Potter World, Universal Studios, for the week. Left Connecticut when it was 13 degrees, and Orlando has been right around 80 since we arrived.

I am embarrassed to admit before all of Type and God himself that I am the only living human who has not read the Potter books. Of course, this makes me a total disgrace to Audrey, my 10-year-old, and Delaney, my 13-year-old. (“And you call yourself an English teacher?”) But I am making up for this sad fact by paying for the butterbeer and the magic wands this week.

A couple things I have learned so far: I enjoy my 3-year-old Keeley’s Dr. Seuss rides more than Delaney's Dragon Challenge roller coaster; it is possible to pay $17 for three ice-cream cones (Thank you, J.K. Rowling); and the Kindle app is much easier to use than the iBooks app.

Up at 4 a.m. to write, then logging more miles at the parks.

Merry Christmas to all.

4 comments:

Rick Blechta said...

To those people who use our comment section to post their spam addresses: your comments will be removed immediately. Please respect our blog and those people who wish to leave real comments. Thank you.

professional resume said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thesis example said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donis Casey said...

Fantastic, John! I wish I was there. And take it from me, the Potter books are beautifully written. If you decide to take the plunge you'll be in for a treat.