Thursday, May 24, 2012

Short Reflections

This week, I have been revising a manuscript, rewriting the ending of a book I wrote four years ago, adding a major character and subsequently a storyline in hopes of a more shocking ending.

The process is interesting, like revisiting an old friend, seeing his warts and flawless patches. But mostly it has been reaffirming – I liked the book a lot when I wrote it; I remember telling my agent it was the best thing I had written. Rereading it now, I stand by that and look forward to hearing what the submission process brings.

This experience, I think, epitomizes the lifestyle we writers lead and the philosophy you must have: if you don't believe in yourself and your work, no one will.

It shows something else, too: no book is ever finished. I am improving this manuscript every day, relying more on dialogue, making each scene more cinematic, and thus quickening the pace.

I also continue to try to learn everything I can about the ebook business. I will leave you with this post on J.A. Konrath's Newbie's Guide to Publishing site. It's a long post that speaks to ebook pricing. I found it interesting.

2 comments:

Cheapest Diablo 3 gold said...

Good day. I like your blog post. It all looks fantastic

Diablo 3 Gold said...

the opinion rocks. really like it very much. i love diablo 3 as well. these days i spend a lot of time playing D3 with my friends.