Thinking back as one often does in these situations, I’d like to share some interesting facts about Type M. The “mother” our little blog was Vicki Delany. Being skilled with a computer, she also set up the design we now have, and basically did all of the heavy lifting that got us off the ground. That’s something deserving of a big thank you.
Our first post was hers back on the 26th of June in 2006. That’s pretty startling in itself. This post is number 1650 and I’m responsible for roughly one sixth of those (since we have never really had bloggers to cover all seven days of the week. That’s 275 postings. No wonder I sometimes experience trouble coming up with a subject. (I just checked out my first post and I was already “pointing out” something that I felt needed fixing.)
I’d have to go through the entire list of posts to be able to tell you how many bloggers we’ve had, both as members and as guests, but I suspect the number would be well north of 75. By the way, originally, the lineup of five were all members of Crime Writers of Canada with four Canucks (Vicki Delany, Alex Brett, Michael Blair and me) and “token American” Charles Benoit. Obviously, we’ve expanded our world vision along the way.
Some more interesting factoids:
- All time page views: 164,952
- Most-read post: Amanda Knox Case: Truth Stranger Than Fiction, a guest blog
- My post from June on cruise ships being great places to commit murder is the third place winner for page views, leading me to wonder if there’s been an uptick in homicides on the high seas.
- The bulk of our readers are in the US (78905) with Canada second (18436) and surprisingly Russia in fourth place (6834), but we’ve had visits from virtually the entire planet.
- Most visitors use Internet Explorer (62837) or Firefox (53539) and are on Windows (111722).
- Our biggest source of visitors is Diffbot (2931), but second is Donis Casey (1212). Thanks, Donis! (Who will be rejoining Type M in less than a month.)