Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Your Elusive Creative Genius

Without wanting to get out the poor-me violin, my work schedule is pretty hectic at the moment. So much so that I have missed a couple of turns on Type M. My excuse? I am commuting from Portland, Oregon to Los Angeles every week for The Day Job and I definitely still need The Day Job.

Oh...and I am also 30 days away from turning in my next book and last weekend, I deleted 65 pages of rubbish. That’s quite a big chunk. To say I'm a bit anxious is putting it mildly.

So when my sister sent me a link called “Your Elusive Creative Genius” an amazing talk given by Elizabeth Gilbert (EAT, PRAY, LOVE) I wondered if there just could be a light at the end of the tunnel. My sister said, “It made me understand how hard it must be for you to be a creative person.” Her sentiments really touched my heart.

As I post this at midnight I am hoping my elusive creative genius will hurry up and appear ... but at least I feel justified in finishing off that bottle of wine.

7 comments:

~Cinders~ said...

Ole!

writerrobynlarue said...

I've posted this video on Sarcastic Muse and Tumblr and anywhere I can get away with. Excellent talk!

Rick Blechta said...

Robyn,

Thanks for doing that. Much appreciated.

It certainly got my attention!

Hannah Dennison said...

I'm glad it has inspired others! It really helped me "get over myself and my angst!"

Donis Casey said...

Beautiful and true.

Rick Blechta said...

One benefit to talking to other writers or hearing them speak (as in this video) is that I don't feel so weird about what I experience.

Charlotte Hinger said...

Hannah, this was a beautiful post.