Monday, March 03, 2014

She's back!

I’m baaaack.

By Vicki Delany

Those of you who are watching a certain British TV show featuring a certain hugely popular detective updated to the 21st century, will know that the new season ends with a character saying “Did you miss me?

I am not hugely popular, nor am I a villain (I hope) but I’m baaaack.

Did you miss me?

Yup, I am back at Type M in the regular every second Monday slot.  Way back in the early days when people said, “What’s a blog,” I was advised by my good friend, and sadly the late, Lyn Hamilton to start a blog.

So, because I did everything Lyn told me to, I did. I asked Rick Blechta and Charles Benoit to be my blog mates. Charles came up with the incredibly clever name – TYPE M FOR MURDER.  Over the years authors have come and gone, including me, until only Rick, that stalwart, remained out of the originals.

Since then I’ve been part of a couple of other blogs, notably Fatal Foodies and 7 Criminal Minds, but when Type M beckoned, I knew I wanted to come back.

What have I been doing in the past three years, you ask?

Thank you for asking.

I’ve been writing. A lot. The seventh Constable Molly Smith book, Under Cold Stone, will be published on April 1st.  My second book for Orca’s Rapid Reads, Juba Good, will be released on the same day.  In December the fourth Klondike mystery was published, Gold Web. Last year, I wrote a standalone Gothic thriller, More than Sorrow, for Poisoned Pen Press.

And, I’ve gone over to the light side. Yes, I am now a cozy writer. And I’m loving it! It’s given me an infusion of new energy and rekindled my love of writing.  I have a three book contract with Penguin Obsidian to write the Lighthouse Library series. Set in a library, in a lighthouse, on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The first book in the series, By Book or By Crook, will be out in Feb. 2015.  Seems like a long time to wait.  I am writing this series under a pen name, so be sure and look out for Eva Gates.

The highlight of my year is sure to be my gig as Canadian Guest of Honour at Bloody Words in Toronto, June 6 – 8. The International Guest of Honour is Michael Jecks, author of medieval-set mysteries, and I’m really looking forward to meeting him. Bloody Words is my favourite conference. Small enough to be intimate so you can meet your favourite authors, and big enough to have a full roster of panels, presentations and discussions.  For information and to register: http://2014.bloodywords.com/

It does feel nice to be back!

3 comments:

Donis Casey said...

You are why I joined Type M--twice! So glad to have you home again.

Rick Blechta said...

Yes! Welcome back!!

Frankie Y. Bailey said...

Welcome back, Vicki!