Sunday, June 22, 2014

A Visit to Nelson, B.C.


By Vicki Delany

First, bear with me.  I can use my iPad for almost everything, but not for posting pictures to Type M.

So let's see how this goes.

As many readers of the Constable Molly Smith series, the books are set in Trafalgar, B.C., which is very closely based on the real life town of Nelson, B.C.

I am visiting Nelson this week, and am having fun taking pictures of the real places and letting longtime readers know what fictional spot they are supposed to be.  I am, in short, revealing secrets.

Oso Negro Coffee Shop. Known to John Winters and Molly Smith
as Big Eddie's Coffee Emporium

A street in Nelson, or as Smith
and Winters call it, Trafalgar

The bar of the Hudson House Hotel, where
much happens, including the meeting
between Molly Smith and her childhood
friend Nicky, for whom much has
changed, in Among the Departed

Alphonse's bakery, where Smith used to live in the apartment
above. Also the site of the killing of Reg Montgomery,
in the first book in the series In the Shadow of the Glacier

Is this the road to John and Eliza Winters’
house deep in the mountains?

Sorry, now I give up.  Too many problems.  I will be back next week with more photos!

3 comments:

Donis Casey said...

You did very well with what you had to work with. I must have missed Shadow of the Glac, however.

Vicki Delany said...

That, Donis, is when I gave up!

Rick Blechta said...

I've fixed it all up so now it looks purdy and everything. No charge!