Thursday, September 18, 2014

Look who I ran into

Type M's Frankie Bailey spent a couple days with my family and me this week and visited a host of classes here at Northfield Mount Hermon School in Gill, Mass. It was a great experience for my students to get the chance to discuss not only Frankie's wonderful story "In Her Fashion" (Ellery Queen, July 2014) with her, but also to discuss other literary and social topics with a college professor of Frankie's stature.

As I have written many times, the mystery community is a small and close-knit one. And, for me, it is always wonderful to take a break from my academic life and spend time with another crime writer. Writing is a lonely second job, and having someone to talk shop with over a glass of wine is always refreshing and invigorating.

I have shared several pictures here. Enjoy.




1 comment:

Frankie Y. Bailey said...

John, thanks so much for inviting me. It was great seeing you again after all these years and meeting your family. Beautiful campus, dedicated faculty, and students who do the reading and ask thoughtful questions.