Friday, November 28, 2014

Reflection on the Friday After

This was an especially memorable Thanksgiving. It's been a peaceful year for our family and we all gathered at my daughter Michele's house. All six grand-children were able to come and two step-grandchildren. A number of friends showed up. And stayed. There's an informal understanding that whoever hosts one of our holiday events should not expect an exact head count.

As usual there was an abundance of food. After the meal, some drifted to the TV to watch games, some played cards, and some just visited. There are always books passed around because we're a family of readers. Bookworms are sprawled on chairs and sofas reading their latest favorite.

There was a ridiculous number of really large dogs. During the evening the talented Crocketts brought out the musical instruments and various combinations of singers joined in.

There are so many things I am thankful for. Some small and deeply personal. Some shared by others and quite universal.

I feel guilty sometimes that in blogs and comments made by writers--myself included--that we talk about the trials and tribulations of writing. The truth is, we are an especially happy group of people whose minds are occupied by what want to be doing more than anything else in the world.

In addition to the physical process of writing, I especially appreciate a number of people who ease the way. I'm grateful for the Type M bloggers and Rich Blechta in particular. Rick, our blogmaster, does an outstanding job of keeping the group organized and is very, very kind.

One of my biggest blessings is my agent, Phyllis Westberg, who understands the meaning of an old-fashioned word--integrity.

I can't believe my luck in having Poisoned Pen Press as a publisher. The group gives outstanding support to its authors. They publish four books a month and are always available to help a really diverse collection of authors.

I'm in awe of all the interesting people I meet. I'm grateful for the wonderful events and conferences and the panels that contribute to my understanding of the craft.

Thanksgiving is an American holiday. We pause on this day to give thanks and ease the way for families who are having a rough year. Here in Loveland every effort is made to furnish meals to needy families and provide help for those needing assistance.

As a nation, I pray that we will continue to be conscious of our many blessings.

3 comments:

Eileen Goudge said...

Sounds like a lovely holiday, Charlotte. I'm thankful not to have any turkey leftovers. We spent the weekend in Boston with family. My sister-in-law did all the cooking.

Charlotte Hinger said...

Yes, it was lovely. And leftovers were very scarce this year. Thanks for reading this Eileen.

SEO SUPER WOWO said...

We From SEO SUPER Wowo Introduces Its Sales Sells Herbal Products Men And Women ALL PRODUCTS FROM our clients in Down's.

obat perangsang
perangsang wanita
obat perangsang wanita

alat bantu sex
alat bantu sex wanita
alat bantu
alat bantu wanita