Since Vicki Delany’s first post back on June 26, 2006, we have come a long way. My first post didn’t come around until the 12th of July for some reason (probably out of town for the first time through the rota), and I shudder to think how many posts I’ve written over the years. I need to go back and check, but it has to be over 400 by now. I do believe I also managed to carry through on a New Year’s resolution last January to not miss any Tuesdays in 2014 — although I did miss a weekend guest assignment two weekends ago, darn!
So what happened of note on Type M this year?
- Vicki Delany returned to her roots and rejoined our family
- Sybil Johnson took over for Hannah Dennison (who hopes to return before too much time goes by)
- We passed 300,000 page views and are actually less than 10,000 away from reaching 400,000. (Thanks to all of you for that, by the way!)
- We passed 2000 posts and I shudder to think of how many comments have been made by readers and members over the years
- Our members had 10 books published (if my counting is accurate) and there are several more to come in the next 12 months.
All of that is pretty amazing, but the really incredible thing is that we’re still going, and that’s a credit to our regular Type M group who post here, but also our weekend guests who take time out of their busy schedules to share thoughts with all of us. We’ll pass our 9th anniversary at the end of June and very few blogs of any type last that long — especially in the crime fiction world.
We wouldn’t keep posting if you folks didn’t keep visiting Type M and commenting on what we’ve written, and that’s what makes this little blog so amazing: our readers. We have 104 “friends” (and please become one if you’ve been sitting on the fence). So many of you comment cogently on what we write, and for that we are very grateful.
This next year will be something very special. Before 2015 ends, we will have passed the half-million mark in page views, and that’s amazingly exciting. I’m thinking we should have a contest to celebrate that. What do all of you think?
Thanks to everyone who makes this special place possible: my blogmates past and present, our guest posters who are so generous with their time, and to all of you who show up day after day to see what we’re prattling on about now.
Have safe and happy new year’s celebrations and all the best to everyone throughout 2015!