Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ta Da!

This is it. My new book, Noble Lies, is officially launched.

Now I’m not one to go around tooting my own horn1, but the reviews have been excellent, and, as always, I’m hoping that folks –many, many tens of thousands of folks – will pick up a copy. I wanted to use a pen name for this book, something like J.K. Rowling or Dan Brown, but my publisher felt that I was starting to get enough recognition to stick with my own name. Well, they’re the experts.

I have not yet held a copy of said book in my hands. Sure, I had advanced reading copies to proof, but that’s a plain-covered paperback version. It’s not the same thing. I should have this morning, however, as 100 copies are being delivered in moment now. Yes, I get to open the boxes, hold the book, beam with pride…then sign ‘em all and ship them back to the publisher. These are for advanced special orders and these savvy readers contact Poisoned Pen Press well in advance to secure pristine first-run, first editions.

The next I will see my book will be in Anchorage this coming Friday. Yes, it’s Bouchercon time and I’ll be posting (Insha’allah) from there. At that time I hope to sign many copies for wide-eyed, giddy fans. If you are among those in attendance at this annual fete, be sure to track me down and say hello – mention this post and I’ll buy you a drink.2

Can’t get to Alaska but still want to get in on the fun? Be sure to check out Vicki’s next post. It’ll be filled with all the exciting details on how you can tune in to the action.

Finally, go back and re-read the first paragraph of this post. Consider this a subtle hint to go get yourself a copy.

Cheers!

1Yes I am.

2Offer not valid to other authors, unless of course it is followed by an offer to buy my next drink.

2 comments:

Rick Blechta said...

Congratulations, Charles. I'm sure it will be your finest third novel ever! ;)

I will definitely purchase a copy -- but I also expect that drink! Have a t'rrific time in Alaska (don't get eaten by a grizzly) and report back to us in full. I especially want to know if Vicki wears her amazing moose hat to help publicize Canadian crime writing -- although for that, it should probably be a beaver.

(thinking...)

No, I'm not going to go there.

Rick Blechta said...

In thinking about it, if you get your sorry butt up to Toronto one of these days, I'll buy your book and a martini (although I will expect one in return).