Thursday, May 08, 2008

Woe is me...

Hi folks!

I'm very, very late this week. In fact, I'm dangerously treading on Debby's toes for which I apologize. The truth is that I've spent the past week in Internet Hell.

There's no point in boring you with my tale of woe. I'm sure you all have similar stories, but the facts are, I've been without service, and for someone who relies the Internet heavily for work-related things as well as writing, life has been tough.

Not wanting the week to slip by without contributing, I offer the following comic sent to me many years ago. It's probably from The New Yorker and will certainly resonate with everyone here -- me, especially, since I'm in the middle of promoting my newest novel.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great turnout! Looks like my last signing. Oh wait, I was the only one there. Never mind.

Camille Minichino said...

The next thing that would happen is that someone would come along with a manuscript, saying: "Since you're not busy, maybe you can take a look at this."

Vicki Delany said...

Camille, you have it so right!

Debby (Deborah Turrell) Atkinson said...

Haha! Great cartoon, and Camille's comment is perfect. Rick, if you ever worry about stepping on my toes, don't! I was so busy trying to get a manuscript in on time that Thursday blew by and I just now realized I missed my post. Apologies to all. Perhaps you didn't realize it either, and that's okay.
Debby