Friday, July 04, 2008

I suppose I should write something about this being the 4th of July…

But I won’t. Instead I have three things on tap for you, oh our faithful readers, and I think I’ll start by pontificating on the things Vicki said in her blog below.

I used to believe in procrastination, but I’ve come to see it more as a negative term applied to a necessary process. When I whip up a pot of homemade soup1, I gather all the ingredients, chop, slice and dice as needed, but I don’t toss them all in at the same time. No, I know2 that a pair of ingredients need some time alone together, to get to know each other and get flavorfully intimate. Tossing everything in at once would be like inviting the wedding party along for the honeymoon night3. For the soup to be its best, you have to add the ingredients when it’s time. So how does this already stretched thin analogy? It’s just this—when you are doing something other than writing when you have the time to be writing, you really don’t want to be writing. And maybe, just maybe, that’s your Inner Creative Genius telling you that he/she is busy trying to work out a sticky plot point and that you should just leave them alone for a while to do it. That’s my theory and I’m sticking to it.4

Point number two on the blog is something that came as a huge and wonderful surprise—I am mentioned, by name, in Carolyn Hart’s latest book, Death on Demand. Wow. On page 181, Annie Darling, proprietor of Death on Demand, hand sells a copy of one of my books to a customer. Q: Does it get better than this? A: No. I honestly don’t know what would inspire Ms. Hart to bestow such a kindness, but I want her to know that if she ever needs a kidney she should give me a call. And if mine isn’t a match5, I’ll find one. So everyone, hit your local bookstore and scoop this up. I believe it may be her best work ever6.

Finally, yesterday I was the guest Blogger over at Working Stiffs. Check it out. And bookmark that site as it’s a lot of fun.

With the day off, I plan on finishing Richard Dooling’s Bet Your Life. What? You haven’t read anything by Richard Dooling? And you call yourself literate. I suggest you fix that glaring omission in your education. Start with White Man’s Grave and take it from there. By the way, this blog post by Mr. D should be required reading before anyone starts writing a novel.

Cheers.

1This is purely hypothetical as I have yet cracked the magic behind ‘whipping up’ a can of Campbell’s Noodle Soup. However I have been know to whip up a fine pizza deliver number in no time.

2In the theoretical sense, as knowing what goes on in a Black Hole.

3I’m not opposed to this practice, I just wish it would have been common when our attractive friends were all getting married.

4On second thought, no I’m not. It’s a stupid idea. Turn off the TV and get back to the keyboard. Geeze. Next thing I’ll be believing in gnomes and auras and luck. Oh and “guardian angles”. I can’t believe I wrote something that stupid. Ugh.

5It’s A or B, or maybe AB. Oh, and it’s either positive or negative. Maybe neutral. And trust me, it’s well lubricated.

6But don’t take my word for it. Publishers Weekly said, “This tight, Agatha Christie–style puzzler will keep readers guessing to the end.”

.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

jiang When you will decide pandora sale to find jewelry for mom you may need to remember what your mom really needs. If my pandora jewellery uk spouse help rife with rings, then investing in a ring that she will likely for no reason put on pandora shop couldn't survive the ideal choice.Aside via getting Bracelets coming from a regular bracelets retail store, rings can also be purchased pandora 2010 from virtual stores. The beauty of buying on the internet is you get to see every thing your gives, where in a shop it can be hard to kind though their own inventory to uncover the right thing. Mothers love pandora jewelry gifts which might be memorable. Make an effort to present your mom having a surprise that is personalized, for example an cheap pandora bracelets engagement ring utilizing their name engraved in it. Gold rings make for great gifts since they immortalize your mom's name in gold. A gold necklace and a pendant pandora charm bracelets produces a very good gifts for your mom, and gifts which might be most often overlooked . Avoid getting in a hurry to get a present for ones mom. Start pandora bracelet charms searching ahead of time; waiting until the last second to find a found is often getting problems.Spending some time to learn what an individual's Mum would like pandora bangles as well as might help guarantee that your sweetheart gets the top found. If you opt for necklaces regarding Mom online will assist cut down the amount of time necessary pandora bangle to discover the proper jewelry pertaining to mama despite the fact that have waited through to the very end. Therefore when your going looking for mother's day, on the liner where to begin from.

donsonstomy said...

All my former college mates and friends at the university are fond of http://goodexamplepapers.com/how-to-write-a-good-research-paper/ example papers blog that focuses on theoretical problems suggested by educators worldwide. Learning new material as much as keeping in mind gained experience may require huge personal brain resources of top learners and educators. It comes as a rule that new information is learned through discussions.