Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The more I think about it...

Blechta here, back at the keyboard in the T-dot (that’s Toronto for all you non-locals).

At this time of every year, I’m no different from most people: we all make resolutions. And then most of us break them within a month or two.

Since we’ve been discussing it here on TypeM sporadically over the past year, with me most recently two weeks ago, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about electronic publishing.

Bottom line: I do believe I’ll give it a try with one or two of my early novels. I own the total copyright for my first three, and the only thing I would be out of pocket for is the time it will me take to put everything together, so what have I got to lose?

I haven’t decided yet whether to do everything myself or sign up with an e-publishing house. The only thing I would need them for is to take care of publicity – and we all know how good most publishers are with that sort of thing. I might have to pay something for a bit of publicity, but at least I would know how it’s being done (or whether it’s being done). A lot of it I could do myself.

That’s my New Year’s resolution. You’ll be kept informed on what I learn and how it all works out.

Have a safe and happy holiday and all the best for 2009.

No comments: