Friday, March 13, 2009

Ever hear of HarperCollins?

Charles here, sore from pinching myself.

Regular readers of this blog may recall that a year or so ago I completed a YA novel, tentatively called YOU. I said that I felt it was the best thing I ever wrote but feared that it would never see print because a) it was unrelentingly dark, what one person called "YA noir" and b) it was written in 2nd person, hence the obvious title.

Well surprise, surprise. It seems that my agent, Patrica Moosbrugger, recomended to me by Louise Penny, sold YOU to HarperCollins Children's Books, the first book in a two-book deal.

The deal was signed just this week so all of the interesting details - like when they want the next book - are yet to be revealed, but I'm sure it's coming. For right now I think I'll just continue grinning like an idiot. I'll keep you posted.

10 comments:

Rick Blechta said...

Congratulations! Now I can say I knew Charles BEFORE he invented that literary phenomenon, YA Noir. I smell a movie deal!

Jared said...

But I don't wanna be sold to HarperCollins Children's Books!

Debby (Deborah Turrell) Atkinson said...

Congratulations!

Debby (Deborah Turrell) Atkinson said...

Actually that wasn't Debby, that was Vicki on Debby's computer. So congrats from Vicki

Charles benoit said...

Thank you, thank you - and sorry, Jared, no returns, no refunds.

PS - did you get that newspaper I sent?

Donis Casey said...

Fandamntastic! You give us hope as well as joy.

Jared said...

You bet I did! And I've scheduled a post on my blog already!

Diana R. Chambers said...

What a thrill!! I love YA, some of the best writing being done these days. And I am sure, yours will be among the best of the best:-)

Charles benoit said...

Diana, you are far too kind (but I hope you're right!)

Ann Parker said...

Wowzers, Charles!! Congratulations!! :-D Good news in these dark times...