Monday, March 02, 2009

The Excitement Builds


Vicki Here. What a nice discussion we had last week about villains, says she twirling her moustache. Gave me lots of ideas for our workshop in Hawaii.

Can’t wait! The house sitter is in residence, the reading material is packed, the passport checked, the U.S. money purchased. Off to Hawaii for Left Coast Crime, and then a two-week book tour with Debby, followed by one week touring on my own, and then two weeks in my favourite place in the world, Nelson.

I need to go to Nelson. I’m working on the next book set in the fictional town of Trafalgar, and have realized that I’ve lost some of the feel for the place. In my mind the colours are washing out, the background characters are becoming beige. That special sense of place is getting harder and harder to conjure up.

But before I can get back to writing, I have a lot of talking to do... (and a bit of swimming, maybe some tourist things, might even have a Mai Tai or a Mojito.)

While I am in the States, I will give a free copy of Whiteout to the first person who tells me that they read about it on Type M!

Once again: To check if Debby and I will be in your area, please go to BookTour.

5 comments:

Kerrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerrie said...

Try again - I'll meet you for a Mai Tai by the pool one night Vicky

Vicki Delany said...

Is that Kerrie from Australia? I'm thrilled that you're going to be there.

Kerrie said...

It is. We have panel 67. See my post today http://paradise-mysteries.blogspot.com/2009/03/left-coast-crime-looms.html

canada mystery author said...

Hi Vicki,
Thanks for sharing the thoughts on Type M .
Keep up posting.. :)