Friday, September 10, 2010

Something Special

I have no idea what drives me to write. But driven I am. And it seems that everyone who takes up a pen to write a story is driven in just the same way.

It’s nice to know that others go through the same things - compulsion to write, persistent optimism (regardless of how many rejections we receive), belief that the editors who turn us down are idiots...

Because I am still writing my new book, I haven’t had much time to work on my blog this week. So I thought I would share with you this short video of Ray Bradbury talking about persistence in writing. It affirms all the above, and re-affirms that feeling of awe that creeps over you when you know you have written something special... did I write that??


1 comment:

Rick Blechta said...

A fantastic clip from one of my favourite authors. Long live Bradbury!

Thanks!