Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A look back at 2011

As the only remaining continuous member of Type M, I guess I’m the best person to do this, although not the only one. Since Vicki Delany (still around, though generally lurking), Charles Benoit (one of the world’s great lurkers) and I started this little gathering of crime writers back in 2006 (was it really that long ago??), members have come and gone. I think we now have a great crew (and Barbara Fradkin, one of our original members, back) and I always look forward to reading what people have to say. There have been a lot of interesting, thoughtful, incisive posts over this time. We’ve even had some controversial ones – and that’s good too. I always look forward to what my confreres have to say.

As for 2011, the best I can say is: we’re still here. The publishing industry hasn’t imploded, e-books are selling better than ever, paper books haven’t disappeared (I got three for Christmas!) and reading seems to be just as popular as it’s always been. We just still don’t know where this is all going.

Thanks to everyone who has read and commented on our posts here. Without you all, we’d be shouting into the wind. I hope we continue to interest and amuse you over the course of 2012. Happy New Year to all of you!

6 comments:

Charles Benoit said...

Lurk, lurk.

Vicki Delany said...

Lurking.

college essay topics said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
thesis samples said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Donis Casey said...

STill hanging on.

Charlotte Hinger said...

I adore new years. Coming from Kansas, which is the ultimate next year country, I always feel like wonderful things will happen. At my age, you would think I'd know better.