Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Check out these rooms where famous writers have done their work

I’m off enjoying a spot of time in the woods with the characters of my latest novel. It’s writing time! I also will have no connection to the internet, so this is all you’re going to get out of me this week. I have written over 250 posts here on Type M, so I deserve a little break.

I do have this to offer, however, sent to my attention by my dear friend, Pam Fong, with whom my wife and I went to university. Pam is also an ace baritone sax player and ably holds down the bottom end of the sax section in The Advocats, in which we both play.

Anyway, the article Pam sent is the writing rooms of some very famous authors. In looking at it, my eyeballs practically fell out of my head in some cases. Wow! The other examples were interesting. Included is Roald Dahl’s writing hut (so Tom will be very interested). Just click HERE to see the article.

I hope you enjoy your week as much as I am!

2 comments:

Charlotte Hinger said...

I'm green with envy. They all look so peaceful--and not a computer in the bunch.

Rick Blechta said...

They didn't have the kind of computers you're thinking of -- but they did have computers.

Today, we would call them "secretaries".

;)