Friday, August 20, 2021

Is It Friday?

 Echoing Donis's post from yesterday, yes, it does feel as if time is moving much more quickly. The summer's gone. Our new grad students joined us (virtually) this afternoon to meet the professors. In pre-pandemic days, we would have done this in person and then had lunch together. But we will be back on campus when classes begin on Monday. I will be in and out of my office, but I'm going to do my two courses online this semester because I've always used lots of videos and that happens to work well online.

I knew it was Friday when I got up this morning. But somewhere between driving my puppy, Fergus, to doggie daycare, and answering emails before the 1 pm meeting with students, I forgot to look back to see if it was my Friday to post. I woke up early when Fergus stood up in his nighttime enclosure and banged against the gate. I took him outside in the dawn's early light, keeping an eye on him to make sure he was over his reaction to the Lyme disease vaccination he had yesterday. He was his usual perky self. I, on the other hand, had to pretend enthusiasm that he was being a "good boy" and letting me know he needed a trip outside. 

I'm rambling because it's now later in the day, and I'm tired. So I am going to use my post to invite you all to join the symposium I am hosting in September. It is free and open to the public and won't be dull in spite of the word "symposium".  My flyer refuses to upload, but here is the information: 

Crime Writers of Color Symposium

Sept. 8-9, 2021

 

Virtual Symposium hosted by

School of Criminal Justice

University at Albany

 

This symposium features diverse authors who are members of Crime Writers of Color (CWoC) and academic scholars who study crime fiction.

 

Free registration required to access live sessions and recorded webinars. You’ll need to sign in with your Zoom account.

Day 1 (3 pm-7 pm ET)

https://albany.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_OMYz9yN6QUWR1jJqEIAvsA

Day 2 (11 am-7 pm ET)

https://albany.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_jsJxq6XwQ_uBoSYLyrTRdw

 

Participant bios and symposium schedule will be available at:

https://www.albany.edu/justiceinstitute/

Contact:  Professor Frankie Y Bailey, PhD

fybailey@albany.edu




No comments: