Friday, December 31, 2021

Quadruple Whammy

 I have been debating over the content of this post. It seems unnecessarily ghoulish to list unhappy events on this site. Especially when everyone is looking forward to a vibrant New Year. 

I'm in North Carolina visiting my daughter. We've had a very Merry Christmas. And an unusual number of deaths and illnesses in our family and friends during the last month. 

About an hour ago I learned I have Covid, which involved cancelling tomorrow's flight home. I'm throwing in the towel and making this very short. 

Nevertheless, I feel like the New Year will be a turning point with a happy ending. So onward and upward everyone. 

3 comments:

Donis Casey said...

Oh, my lord, Charlotte, what a way to start the year. If you have to have Covid, I hope it's Omicron. Get well ASAP! Sending healing vibes your way.

Rick Blechta said...

I didn't get around to reading this until just now, Charlotte.

I am so sorry you've been one of the unlucky ones.

Hopefully you're already feeling better. Omicron -- if you were lucky enough (lucky?) to catch it -- doesn't seem to last long.

Get well!

Charlotte Hinger said...

Donis and Rick--I did not have Covid. Ain't all the testing grand?