Friday, March 11, 2022

Changes

 Type M for Murder has been guided by Rick Blechta since 2006. He has been the best blogmaster any group could hope to have. His wisdom and tact have kept the site going through good times and bad. 

For a while, I will take over his moderating responsibilities. I do this with awareness that I will not really be able step into Rick's shoes. I have this image of timidly tip-toeing after him. This is my last Friday post. I will switch to Rick's weekly Tuesday slot. 

I love this blog! Type M has been inspiring seasoned and beginning authors for years. It's set apart by the willingness of the participants to share their frustrations and triumphs as writers. There's no pretense here. We bare our souls when it comes to the difficulties of crafting manuscripts and dealing with agents and publishers. We are unusually frank in describing our tangled emotions. 

Type M For Murder has a large international presence. We have had 1,400,300 page views, with a surprising amount of support from Turkey and South Korea. In these troubled times perhaps there is some comfort in focusing on our on-line compatibility. 

Struggling to find just the right word is a universal endeavor. It's the tie that binds.  


4 comments:

Anna said...

Charlotte, even though I'm only a regular reader and occasional commenter, you have my wholehearted blessing to tiptoe boldly and in whatever direction you choose. Your posts are always substantial and worth reading, and I've learned much from them.

Tanya said...

To Charlotte and all the Type M bloggers -- I second Anna's comments. As a full-time editor and part-time writer, I find this blog to be an ongoing source of inspiration and a great community. Thanks for all you do!

Charlotte Hinger said...

Anna--thank you so very much. I love being part of this blog. During these troubled times, I hope Type M will help writers stay focused on their work.

Charlotte Hinger said...

Tanya--that's music to our ears. Thank you so much for your kind words.